As promised this week I am blogging about boxes! My last post had my instagram friends specifically interested in the Target Beauty Box. I too was really interested at one point because I couldn’t find a whole lot of information out there in one place to cover what it’s all about, how to get one etc. I hope I can offer some helpful tips in this post! I will be covering my experiences with my first box (June 2016) and most recent boxes (July 2016).
How to order a Target Beauty Box
I ordered using the Target app on my phone. I already have a Target account so ordering was a breeze. You can use the guest checkout if you do not have a account and if you don’t have the app you can access the page via Target.com : target.com/beautybox Shipping for the Target beauty boxes as of this post is FREE! The current boxes are only $7. The beauty boxes are typically released on a Monday before each new month or within the first week of a new month. I ordered the June box May 30 and the July box July 5. It was a Tuesday this last time presumably due to the 4th of July holiday. Just keep your eyes peeled and the beauty box page bookmarked. Check back until it goes live. The June box sold out after I got mine, but 1 of the July boxes is still available as I write this post (the other one sold out).
VARIES 7-$10 (not a subscription) you order the current box from Target.com
current box for the month can be ordered here
It is shipped to you wrapped in plastic, in a black slim shoe box looking box.
Inside all the products are wrapped in a thin sheet of tissue paper, (some products are wrapped in bubble wrap) There is always a card on top of everything. The card states the theme of the box. On the other side you get a list of everything included in your box, as well as a coupon good for some money off your next beauty purchase at Target. June 2016 coupon was $3 off $15, the box theme was “sunKISSED” so lots of summery themed products were included in this one.
How fast do you get them after you order?
I ordered my June 2016 Target Beauty Box on 5/30/16 and received it on 6/8/16. I got the July boxes much faster; ordered 7/5/16 received 7/11/16!
The products: June 2016 included 11 products
What I loved what I didn’t love. Is it #worthit
I really liked the June 2016 box.
- In particular my favorite products were the Pantene shampoo and the SheaMoisture conditioner. These two products made my hair smell so good!
- The yes to cucumbers facial wipes were just okay I was happy to try them out but I’m sticking with my old faithful up and up wipes. I do keep the yes to cucumber facial wipes in my beach bag for now.
- The soap and Glory righteous butter is already a favorite of mine, cant rave enough about it.
- The Loreal moisturizer was a decent sample size so far I really like it I have sensitive skin and I was sort of nervous about it, but no negative reactions in fact I think it’s a really nice drugstore moisturizer.
- The Loreal lumi foundation I have tried and liked but it never replaced my current foundation routine. This shade was W3 it was actually a better match than the one I originally tried, interestingly enough I will be revisiting this foundation again because I forgot how much I liked it with the exception of it’s lack on staying power.
- The Pixie eyeshadow duo was really nice. The shadows stayed on and applied smoothly, the darker color is like a coppery shimmer really nice lid color for summer. The paler shimmer shade was quite pigmented I used it in my inner corner and it made my eyes pop as good as my old faithful highlighting shade from the Naked 2 palette!
- The Laniege serum is kind of amazing, it sinks right into my skin and feels refreshing! This goes under moisturizer I was blown away by this product that I otherwise would never have found out about!
Products I haven’t tried/used yet from this box:
S.W Basics exfolient, Cotz Face SPF and the elf lipbalm.
I just didn’t get excited about any of these or got around to trying them yet!
What I do or plan on doing with my unused beauty box products
There are already some products that either didn’t interest me or I haven’t gotten around to trying. I have a travel pouch that is growing with products that are small, and easy to store on the go for travel/weekends. I also have a pouch for products kept in my car for touch ups. Some of my products I will be giving away to friends or family. All in all nothing will go to waste and I love the fact that I get a coupon to save on my next beauty haul at Target, I shop there weekly so I will use my coupon for sure. I think the beauty boxes are budget friendly and provide a way to try a variety of products that I otherwise would pass by.
July 2016 Target Beauty Boxes
This month 2 beauty boxes were offered at a price of $7 each! I haven’t even begun to dive into these yet with the exception of the Loreal hair shampoo and conditioner which I really like so far (I’m clearly on a hair care kick) probably because I have used the same haircare routine for years!! One box even had a full size shampoo product valued at $9.99 (whaaaattt).
ANYWAY! I will do a update on these July boxes in August so check back to see that update! I wouldn’t mind reviewing these boxes on my blog, but I can’t say that I will get every single one of them. I was fortunate enough to get the ones I did before they sold out! Hope this post was helpful in some way if it was please send me a comment or two!