Gretchen of LIVING LIFE PRETTY nominated me for a Liebster award! Before I get into the post let me please brag on Gretchen for a bit. If you are on instagram and your a 30 something fashion loving wife and momma your going to love her page (@livinglifepretty)! Gretchen is a pro at incorporating current fashion trends in a way that is realistic, pulled together flawlessly and of course pretty EVERY TIME! She has a way of inspiring you to try something that makes you feel pretty inside and out! Gretchen was my first IG friend she wrote a sweet comment of encouragement on one of my posts. At that time we both were new at sharing our passion with others about beauty & blogging! Ever since then we are still a source of support and encouragement to each other… and it was one of her very first blog posts that inspired me to just get out there and begin this blogging journey! One thing I never expected when I began blogging was all of the support and amazing people you meet! I hope you will check out the other great gals I have met in the short time I have been blogging, each gal offers something a little different but all are fabulous!
The Liebster Award is an online recognition given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and give credit to new up and coming blogs within our community.
Once you’ve been nominated:
Thank and give recognition to the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
11 random facts about me!
1. I have braces 🙂 1 year down 1 to go!
2. When I was a kid I was a complete nerd I read books ALL. THE. TIME.
3. When I grew up I wanted to be an archeologist!
4. I graduated from a Vocational School
5. I got married very young BUT we have been married almost 15 years!
6. I love ketchup but I hate tomatoes.
7. My favorite Christmas movie is ELF. At Christmas I need: sugar cookies, Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint & Fresh Balsam candles burning and Elf playing on repeat.
8. My husband is the chef in the family… I like baking though!
9. I’m pretty crafty I used to scrapbook for years. I self taught myself how to sew. I have made blankets, dresses, skirts, pillows, curtains lots of stuff!
10.If I am in a bookstore I head straight to the Where’s Waldo books.
11.I love fairs/ carnivals. Fried dough, rollercoasters, games all of it!
Now it’s time to answer Gretchen’s questions!
What nationality are you? Puerto Rican, Belgium and Irish
When you stop at Starbucks, what is your go to drink?? Iced Vanilla Latte!
You can only use one skincare brand for the next year, what will it be?? Uh Murad hands down.
Top 3 stores to shop at and why?Target, Sephora, Ulta all of these have great return policies, customer service and you can TRY before you BUY that’s major!
What has been the most helpful advice you have gotten regarding your blog?Set goals. If something doesn’t work out try something different but don’t give up! Also I had to learn this one the heard way: pick your name, buy the domain, stick to it and get all of your socials set up before you post one thing!
It’s Friday night, what are you doing?I am watching some sort of foolishness on Amazon Prime with my husband. The older and weirder the better!
Shoes or Bags? Shoes
What’s one thing you do to pamper yourself that makes you feel beautiful?Hair day with my hairstylist who also is my friend. I always leave feeling beautiful!
Who is the most influential woman in your life? And why? I don’t have one regretfully.
What is your favorite trend this season? I like the cold shoulder thing, I wish I could pull off a choker like I did back in the day though because I kind of love them.
Three words:Party of five
With so many great products at Sephora, what are your 5 holy grails?
1.Anastasia brow wiz 2.Anastasia clear brow gel 3.Tarte Amazonian Blush in Exposed 4.St. Tropez tanning mousse 5. original beauty blender
Here are the bloggers I would love to nominate:
(Danielle) Fashion is my favorite subject
(Annie) Something about Navy
(Jessica) Retail Shareapy
I follow all of these stylishly fabulous ladies on instagram. I know you will love them too!
Let’s learn more about them shall we?!
1. What is something you didn’t expect to happen from blogging?
2. Messy Bun or Ponytail?
3. My Favorite way to save money on clothing is..
4. Name one makeup item you always repurchase.
5. Something about you that might surprise your readers is..
6. Top 3 beach bag essentials
7. One word to describe your mornings!
8. Skincare wise: advice to your 20 year old self?
9. My outfit formula most days is..
11.Your advice to someone that is thinking about starting a blog.
This was so much fun, thank you Gretchen again for nominating me! I hope my nominees will join me in discovering new blogs and continue to encourage one another!